Friday, July 30, 2010

Imagine Greater...



This morning, Variety broke the story on my new project at SyFy:

"Orion, described as National Treasure meets Firefly, is a space opera centering on a female relic hunter and he(r) team. The crew looks to sell valuable items on the black market while avoiding bounty hunters."

I'm lucky to be working with a great team including Ryuhei Kitamura (director of Midnight Meat Train), F.J. DeSanto (producer of The Spirit), as well as Dirk Blackman and Howard McCain (the team behind Outlander).

Look for more info soon!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait!

Mario_Man said...

as long as you are working on it, i will watch it.

Specter said...

Sounds really interesting! When can we expect more info on it? :O

Unknown said...

My wife and I will be watching. Congrats, George!

George K. said...

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm sure there will be more official news as we move deeper into the process, but so far everyone is digging it!

Sarge said...

Firefly plus National Treasure minus all that Nic Cage business? I'm listening...

Sikboy1029 said...

Will there be any references to giant robots?

Mario_Man said...

it would be awesome if goat was involved in some way.

George K. said...

There will be robots - and I'll find a way to work Goat in there somewhere!

Urban Fox said...

I could see Goat as a Morn From DS9 bar fly or "Impressive Clergyman" in the manner of Peter Cook in The Princess Bride.
Also I could easily see you sneaking a cosplay group of Coop, Kiva and Jamie into the back of a cantina like scene.
But I just excited because I don't know what your going to do! Not knowing it kinda awesome!

George K. said...

You can count on me sneaking in references to my previous show...

Unknown said...

I was not a big fan of the firefly universe but if you're working on it I'm sure it will be awesome!